A new chapter is about to arrive in a story that began in 2004, that of World of Warcraft, one of the titles that most marked the videogame horizon of the last twenty years. And although MMORPGs are no longer on the crest of the wave as they were ten years ago, due to the rise of free-to-play experiences like Fortnite battle royale, WoW is still alive and well, and ready to welcome a new and flaming – it is appropriate to say, given the centrality of dragons – expansion.
A year and a half after Shadowlands, which arrived at the end of 2020, with a dedicated event yesterday afternoon (Tuesday, April 19), Blizzard has in fact removed the veil on Dragonflightand as usual he introduced the expansion with one spectacular trailer with a cinematic cut.
From the name to the video, everything in Dragonflight talks about the protagonists of the narrative, namely the dragons. It is no coincidence that the main location will consist of the Dragon Isles, which will be divided into five different areas with their respective biomes – one introductory and four dedicated to leveling. And, again not surprisingly, the new breed introduced by the expansion is that of Dracthyrdraconic creatures but with a humanoid appearance linked to thebrand new Evoker classwhich will be exclusive to them.
The Evokers will start as the Death Knights at level 58 (with the choice of joining the Alliance or the Horde) and will be able to take advantage of characteristics and abilities typical of dragons – such as flying and breathing flames, that’s right – and specialize in favoring the branch from DPS at a distance, or as a healer to support allies during fights with heals and upgrades.
And speaking of flight, one of the main innovations introduced by Dragonflight is the Draconic Flight, a way never seen before to plow the air on the back of your dragon that can obviously be customized and trained to perform increasingly complex and dizzying aerial evolutions.
WHEN DOES IT COME OUT?
In addition to the firsts, Blizzard also promised that Dragonflight will be one of the most important updates in the long history of the game to the systems of talents and professions which form the fundamental framework: at the moment we do not have all the details, but we know that the goal is to provide players with a new degree of freedom and depth in the personalization of their characters. And on the other hand we don’t even know when Dragonflight will come out: there is no date for nowand we only know that there should be news about alpha in the near future.
Below we present the aspects of Dragonflight that Blizzard has chosen to underline in the official press release released in these hours:
- Discover the Dragon Islands: On their journey to the new maximum level 70, players will explore the primal wonders and ancient secrets of the Dragon Islands, divided into four new zones: the turbulent and elemental Shores of Awakening, the immense Plains of Ohn’ahran, the peaks of the Blue Vastness and the majestic spiers and temples of Thaldraszus.
- New combination of race and class: Players will be able to attack enemies (or upgrade allies) with the Dracthyr Summoner, WoW’s first class and race combination. Playable in both humanoid and dragon form, choose whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde and venture out into the world as a healer or a ranged stormtrooper, harnessing the full power of the dragon bloodline.
- Fly high in the skies: Dragonflight introduces Draconic Flight, a new form of airway travel that allows players to fly on the back of their own Dragon Island drake. Players will be able to customize their draco throughout the expansion, collecting additional cosmetic options and unlocking new abilities to fly further and faster.
- Redesign of the talent system: The new talent system allows players to make creative and original choices, without compromising their effectiveness and, above all, by finding meaningful options at any level.
- Improved professions: artisans, rejoice! In Dragonflight, players who aspire to become famous for their professionalism will find many new features and tools to satisfy their ambitions, including player-controlled work orders, new equipment for professions, and a brand new specialization system.
- Updated interface: Dragonflight will update the World of Warcraft user interface, with improvements to the appearance and functionality of the minimap and other elements, as well as new customization options to adapt the interface to your preferences.
WRATH OF THE LICH KING CLASSIC IS COMING SOON
Who does not die sees himself. And the Lich King, surely, has a relationship with death, not a foregone conclusion. Blizzard has not only thought about WoW’s future but also about his past, and so on the sidelines of the Dragonflight presentation came a news that will surely warm (or rather freeze?) The hearts of long-time fans: this year, in fact, the Classic version of the historic expansion Wrath of the Lich King will be availablealthough even in this case we don’t have a precise date yet – but a nice cinematic trailer, yes.
Also in this case, we report the information released by Blizzard through the official press release:
Return to the frozen continent of Northrend in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic will arrive later this year, inviting players to once again experience an adventure that has shaped all of Warcraft’s subsequent history. Upon its launch in 2022, this neat re-release of the hit 2008 expansion will be available at no additional cost to all players with an active World of Warcraft subscription.
- Available to both factions starting at level 55, the Death Knight, WoW’s first heroic class, harnesses the power of darkness to fight against the evil that threatens Azeroth. Players will be able to create Death Knight characters with a pre-launch content update of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. All players will be able to create their own first Death Knight character, with no prerequisites or restrictions.
- The new Inscription profession allows players to engrave mystical glyphs that alter the appearance and change the properties of spells and abilities, as well as create powerful jewelry and accessories.
- Achievements are also coming to WoW Classic, providing players with new rewards for their achievements and achievements.
- In keeping with the WoW Classic philosophy, players will be able to relive historic 5-character dungeons without the automatic Expedition Search tool, while maintaining control of their adventures in places like Azjol-Nerub or reliving key moments in Arthas’ history. in The Culling of Stratholme. Additionally, they will be able to once again venture into the hanging necropolis of Naxxramas, a 10-player raid that is an update to the original 40-player version featured in the World of Warcraft pre-expansion.
- The maximum level has been raised to 80 and players who have no other characters ready to face the dangers of Northrend will be able to take advantage of the character upgrade to level 70, an optional service available as Wrath of the Lich King Classic approaches the launch.
- Finally, The Barber, which was introduced with the original Wrath of the Lich King expansion, will offer the ability to change the character’s gender, to give players more freedom using in-game gold rather than real-life currency.